Overview of the course
Wine tasting is very subjective – people’s sense of smell and palate vary widely. It’s important to remember the particular characteristics of a wine – if you liked it and why and if you didn’t like it - what was the reason. From this foundation, you can develop your knowledge on the style of wine you enjoy by experimenting with different grape varieties and/or countries/ climates to expand your knowledge base and therefore your overall enjoyment.
· An understanding of the main types and styles of wine available
· A basic understanding of how wine is made
· A basic understanding of acidity, tannins and oak and how this affects wine
· An understanding of how climate affects wine production
· An understanding of the main international grapes and where in the world they are produced
· How to taste wine using the senses of sight, smell and taste
PLEASE NOTE BOOKING IS NOT THROUGH THIS WEBSITE
?Click here for more information
Rowena is very knowledgeable regarding wine. Choosing wine can feel awkward when you feel you don’t know enough. This event is both fun and has an educational purpose too. Lots of interaction and interest from everyone around the table.